Rights infringed upon in the workplace? Contract breached? Your civil case is in excellent hands!
We all have certain inalienable civil rights. These rights are protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which supersedes the Constitution. These numerous rights and protections fall under seven categories, of which lawyer Tarunjeet Gujral of Gujral Law Professional Corporation in Mississauga, Ontario, has substantial familiarity with and knowledge of:
- Fundamental freedoms, such as the right to practise one’s religious or spiritual beliefs as you see fit
- Democratic rights; for instance, the right to participate in an election or to run for office
- Freedom of movement; i.e., citizens and permanent residents, can live or work anywhere as they please
- Legal, which includes the broad umbrella of supporting “basic” human rights (life, liberty, security)
- Equality; for example, you can’t be discriminated against based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, citizenship, or marital status
- Language protections, which in Canada generally involve both English and French having equal status, rights, and privileges
- Rights or freedoms due to Aboriginal or indigenous peoples, including treaty rights and future freedoms that may be secured (such as land claims settlements)
Basically, our lawyer and leader, Tarunjeet Gujral, represents clients who feel their rights, freedoms, and privileges have been infringed upon. He also represents clients on the “other side of the aisle,” those who are defending themselves against lawsuits or claims that they have discriminated against or otherwise infringed upon the rights and freedoms of another party. Broadly, lawyers in Canada practice either criminal or civil law. Any act or legal proceeding that does not fall under the Criminal Code of Canada applies to the broad “civil” category. Offences reserved for criminal lawyers and litigators are generally among the most serious crimes. Think – murder, assault, or grand larceny.
As you might imagine, civil law covers an awful lot of ground. So, our lawyer has considerable expertise and experience with a wide variety of cases. Often, these cases may involve breaches of contracts. Many sticking points can often be avoided by involving a knowledgeable lawyer as an advisor. Mr. Gujral guides in drafting contracts to assure that they are “airtight” and do not have legal loopholes or landmines within them. Other civil cases might involve negligence – property damage or personal injury claims.
Our firm has substantial experience navigating all levels of the civil court system, including small claims (up to $35,000 in Ontario), the Superior Court of Justice, Appellate Courts. We encourage you to bring your concerns to us sooner rather than later. In some cases, we may be able to avoid costly, time-consuming, stressful, and otherwise damaging litigation through the likes of arbitration and mediation, of which Tarunjeet Gujral is well-versed.
The privacy of any communication with our office is held in the highest regard. Please phone us at (647) 957-8077.Back to Civil Litigation Page