Contact our Mississauga, ON lawyer for assistance in business purchases and sales
Purchasing or selling a business can be complicated, but not when individuals consider hiring a business lawyer for their transaction. Mississauga, ON area, individuals considering this process will want to invest in a business lawyer.
How can a business attorney help me when purchasing or selling?
There are many ways in which a business lawyer, such as Mr. Tarunjeet Gujral can assist when it comes to the purchase or sale of a business. This includes:
- Preparing for the sale. Getting ready to purchase or sell a company requires certain paperwork and documentation to be up-to-date and filed with the correct organizations and departments at both the Regional and Provincial levels.
- Contract negotiation and drafting. A business lawyer can help in structuring documents associated with the negotiation of a sale or purchase to ensure they are legally binding and protect one’s best interests.
- Financing options. If you are considering seller financing or investor financing, it is always a smart decision to integrate the assistance of a business lawyer. Financing requires strict compliance with provincial and federal laws and should be done, properly to ensure adequate protection for both seller and buyer.
- Due diligence review. A business lawyer can review documentation that is involved in the transaction, including material contracts, franchise agreements, vendor agreements, and leases.
- Intellectual property transfer. A business, which includes certain trademarks and copyrights, needs to be evaluated further to ensure the seller owns this intellectual property before transferring it to a buyer.
- Closing and post-closing. Ensuring that all the loose ends are tied up properly can protect the buyer and seller during a business sale transaction. Any ancillary documents, including non-compete agreements and promissory notes, are evaluated and addressed with a definite agreement and written contract.
Using a business lawyer to protect your interests is a step in the right direction during the sale and purchase of a business.
Are you interested in buying or selling a business?
Hire a business attorney to protect your interests during any legal transaction. Mississauga, Ontario area individuals who are considering a lawyer for a business purchase or sale can connect with Mr. Tarunjeet Gujral by calling (647) 957-8077 and visiting the practice at 218 Export Boulevard, Ste. #507. Having a qualified professional from Gujral Law Office on your side is a smart choice for anyone becoming involved in a business or corporation.Back to Business Law Page